POSITION: Mortgage Underwriter
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President, Chief Investment Officer
A thorough working knowledge of and ability to analyze credit reports, income documentation, assets, liabilities, property appraisals and title reports, to insure loans meet company standards for sale into secondary market.
1. Perform high quality residential mortgage underwriting.
2. Read and interpret AUS 10.0 results including DO/DU, LP and a clear understanding manual underwriting requirements.
3. Evaluate income and assets, credit, appraisals, title, collateral and fraud prevention reports.
4. Provide timely, prudent underwriting decisions.
5. Effectively communicate all decisions and any required conditions.
6. Answer and research general underwriting scenario and guideline questions via email and phone.
1. Knowledge and understanding of Fannie, Freddie, FHA, VA, Jumbo agency, and Non-QM guidelines and procedures.
2. DE automatic underwriting and appraisal authority a plus.
3. Excellent project management and strong attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines efficiently.
4. Sound judgment and decision making ability.
5. Undergraduate degree in business with an emphasis in finance.
6. Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Encompass 360.
7. Ability to work remotely/tele-commute an option.
Starting compensation commensurate with experience.
Three to Five years underwriting experience.
Part Time to Full Time
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for your interest in Capital Alliance.